The Academic Support Programs for K-16 are carefully crafted research based initiatives designed to:
- Provide academic support and skills reinforcement for diverse student bodies across the K through 16 spectrum;
- Provide students with intensive learning strategies to enhance understanding and deeper learning of academic instruction in language arts (reading), as well as, in math, science and other STEM related areas;
- Provide test taking strategies for a variety of situations;
- Provide ongoing, highly effective training for tutors
- Provide students with postsecondary education and career awareness knowledge designed to motivate and inspire them to achieve at their highest levels.
Capstone’s programs, with their many special features are co-constructed by educational stakeholders, and designed to meet the needs of a diverse participant population.
Special features to Capstone’s Academic Support Programs are described herein:
- Reinforcement and mastery of concepts and problem solving
- Use of innovative, comprehensive research-based strategies
- Provision of carefully sequenced units of study, aligned with the National Common Core Standards
- Appropriate use of educational technology
- Extensive use of our own research-based reading framework
- Development of skills through the use of culturally relevant and socially important activities
- Use and integration of highly engaging activities and learning materials that help develop and improve students’ critical thinking, comprehension, reading and writing skills across various subject areas
- Infusion of academic concepts, particularly ones that are STEM focused, with practical “real world” application.
Through small-group interventions; individual attention; “real world” applications; research-based proven methods of instruction; and alignment with district and national learning standards, Capstone Institute Academic Support Programs provide an optimal learning environment for a wide range of student needs.
Interested in learning more about Academic Support K-12 services? Contact us with the form below: